Mar 16 , 2022
About Mutton Shami Kebab Recipe
Kebab is a widely popular snack. It is very easy to cook and prepare with mutton. Kebabs can be a perfect any time snack or a delicious starter that can be paired up with green mint chutney.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time:50 mins
- Mutton minced or keema 500 gram
- Chana dal ½ cup
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Cloves 3
- Bay leaf 1
- Green Cardamoms 2
- Black peppercorns 7
- Brown cardamom 1
- Salt ½ tablespoons
- Red chili powder ½ tbsp
- Water 1 cup
- Onion 1
- Green chili 1
- Lemon ½
How To Make Mutton Shami Kebab?
To prepare Mutton Shami Kebab, you need to soak chana dal for 30 minutes.
- Take a bowl to soak ½ cup of chana dal. Keep it for 30 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker add 2 tbsp ghee. Then add cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, cloves, black peppercorns, brown cardamom, and green cardamom. Mix them thoroughly.
- Add mutton minced to it. Add red chili powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Put the soaked chana dal into the mutton mince and add a cup of water.
- Pressure cook this mixture until mutton gets soft.
- Wait till 1-2 whistles. Remove the cover and mix the ingredients well.
- Check if the water has dried up completely.
- Once mutton dries up. Now grind the ingredients and put them into a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Mix finely chopped onion, green chili, and lime juice to this paste and mix them well.
- Prepare a dough of the keema mixture. Now make flat balls of the dough and keep them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Take 1 tbsp of ghee in another pan. Shallow fry the kebabs from all sides till they turn golden brown.
- Place an absorbent paper and put the kebabs onto it.
- Serve with chutney of your choice.